Sort albums by year

Hi,
I would love an option to sort the album by year when seeing only one artists albums, so that can find the right album faster.

All the best and thanks for your work
Fabian

Hi Fabian,

This is already on the to-do list.
I’m still experimenting how to implement it in the UI.
In the current state the Albums grouping is optionally applied to inner lists too.
It looks like this:

And it will apply not only to Artist view but to Genre and the other tags too.

For me it would would be better and enough to just sort the albums (without grouping). For the genre view with a lot of albums it may be good to have grouping, but for an album artist only releasing an album every 1 or 2 years it would unnecessarly used space which could be better used for displaying more albums.

I thought so too. Will work on it some more. Thanks.

1 Like

I really like to have the albums by year for an artist. The only reason that I use other clients sometimes. Please save space without any grouping, not useful for me.

The next MAFA version will have an option for albums by date, with or without grouping.

Thanks a lot. I just tried the beta and loving it!

The Albums sort order settings doesn’t seem to affect anything on my end. All albums in all views are sorted alphabetically. Mind you I’m on a very old MPD version (0.16.0), but I’m also not trying to group anything. MAFA recognizes the dates in my metadata and can sort alphabetically, so I assume the functionality should be there…

The settings are global (not in the context of a connected MPD server) so there’s no indication whether the feature is supported or not (should probably add a note with the minimum required MPD version).

Albums grouping and sort options require at least MPD 0.21.11

The albums mode dialog only shows the options supported by the current MPD server.

To list the albums with dates require support for grouping. To get the dates without it require to list the tracks of each album separately. For performance reasons MAFA only loads the extra album information for the albums that are visible while scrolling the list, not all the albums in the list. As a result it can’t sort the whole list by date if grouping is not supported.